Reading left-back Omar Richards has reportedly agreed to join Bayern Munich on a free transfer this summer.
The 22-year-old’s contract expires this summer and instead of moving to the Premier League where the likes of West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Everton were all reportedly interested in the player, he will sign a pre-contract with the sextuple champions and join them next season.
Richards, capped by England at the U-21 level, has been one of Reading’s star performers this season with 24 starts in the Championship.
He is expected to sign a three-year contract with Bayern where he will provide backup to Alphonso Davies.
- Liverpool loanee Harvey Elliot equals Jack Grealish’s best Championship season
- Big plans for Sunderland’s path back to the Premier League
- Why Blackburn was the perfect move for Liverpool’s Harvey Elliott
- Man United’s triple Derby raid and the Rooney connection
- Arsenal and Everton interested in Max Aarons